SmartOS Developers Guide¶
An open source operating system is only as powerful and diverse as its community of developers. Success requires drawing upon a wide variety of talents, skills, and passions. From innovative new groundbreaking features to simple bug and security fixes, the SmartOS community needs a host of developers with skills at every level.
Here you will find guidance on how to begin your journey as a SmartOS Developer.
- Contributing to SmartOS
- Building SmartOS on SmartOS
- Extending smartos-live
- 3rd Party SmartOS Extensions
- Community Experiments
- Building Individual Drivers in SmartOS
- Porting Network Device Drivers from FreeBSD
- SmartOS Command Line Tips
- LX Branded Zones
- Running SmartOS on OmniOS KVM
- Joyent Technology Discussion video series (updated regularly!)
Tim Foster recently did a JTD on setting up a Triton & Manta development environment (which also covers SmartOS).