This section covers tips, tricks, and successful experiments with SmartOS. These contributions are generally developed and tested by community members.
Use these contributions at your own risk!
Your milleage may vary when attempting to use any of these contributions. If you use any of these contributions and your system blows up, you are on your own!
In this section:
- Remotely Upgrading A USB Key Based Deployment
- Enlarging a Windows 7 VM Disk
- Resizing Linux VM Disks
- Migrating from ESXi 4.x
- Allowing user CRUD in the global zone
- Giving Windows VMs more processors
- GPS backed NTP server
- Hide processes and connections from unprivileged users on the system
- Joining SmartOS to an Active Directory domain
- Migrating from OpenIndiana to SmartOS
- NAT using Etherstubs
- Persistent root dotfiles
- Persistent Users and RBAC in the Global Zone
- Platform Consolidation
- Setting up IPv6 in a Zone
- PXE Booting SmartOS
Blog posts, etc: