Mailing Lists, Forums, and Chat¶
There are several ways to connect with the SmartOS and Illumos communities.
Mailing Lists & Forums¶
The best place to talk about SmartOS is the smartos*discuss mailing list. If you wish to send mail to the list you'll need to join, but you can view and search the archives online without being a member. The discussion list is the best way to find a broad range of people who may be working on the same problems or have answered the same questions you have.
There are also other related mailing lists for software included in, or related to, SmartOS; e.g.,
- illumos Mailing Lists
- Triton Data Center (Compute Service built on SmartOS)
- Manta Object Storage (Object Storage built on SmartOS)
Real time chat is a great way to connect with other SmartOS users, and (perhaps) get quick answers to questions when you're in the middle of something and need advice.
- We can be found in the following channels on
#smartos: The Official SmartOS/Triton Channel (Channel Logs)
#manta: The Official Manta Channel (Channel Logs)
#illumos: For discussion of the Illumos project and its distributions (Channel Logs)
- We also have a Discord server.
Most of the community can also be found on social networks.
- @email@example.com SmartOS specific Mastodon account for news and commentary
- @firstname.lastname@example.org Triton specific Mastodon account for news and commentary
- @smartosorg SmartOS specific twitter account for news and commentary
- @Triton_DC Triton specific twitter account for news and commentary
When posting about SmartOS, consider using the