There are several ways to connect with the SmartOS and Illumos communities.
You can find people to talk to about SmartOS at:
- SmartOS Discuss List
The discussion list is the best way to find a broad range of people who may be working on the same problems or have answered the same questions you have.
You can also send mail to: smartos [at] joyent [dot] com , but for technical questions the mailing list will be able to provide more help.
irc is a great place to interact in real time with other SmartOS users, and (perhaps) get quick answers to questions when you're in the middle of something and need advice.
We can be found in the following channels on freenode.net:
- #smartos: The Official SmartOS/SDC Channel (Channel Logs)
- #manta: The Official Manta Channel (Channel Logs)
- #illumos: For discussion of the Illumos project and its distributions (Channel Logs)
- #joyent: For discussion of the Joyent Public Cloud
Most of the community can also be found on Twitter, some other twitter sources of SmartOS news include:
- @joyent corporate steward of SmartOS
- @joyentsmartos SmartOS-specific twitter account for news and commentary
- @SmartDataCenter SmartDataCenter-specific twitter account for news and commentary
- @MantaStorage Manta-specific twitter account for news and commentary
When tweeting about SmartOS, consider using the #smartos Hashtag.