- Dynamic Tracing Guide
- Modular Debugger Guide
- Writing Device Drivers
- Memory and Thread Placement Optimization Developer's Guide
Learn SmartOS from the experts with training from Joyent.
- Using SmartOS as a Hypervisor: Robert Mustacchi's talk at SCALE 10x. An excellent introduction to what SmartOS is and why it's better. Slides available.
- presentation by Geoff Flarity (can be adapted for other talks as desired)
There's a #smartos room and irc.freenode.net, and you'll also find the SmartOS crowd hanging out in #illumos and #joyent.
Get together with others interested in illumos, SmartOS, and related topics. Join the Bay Area illumos user group on Meetup (so you'll receive meeting announements), and/or let us know if you want to start a user group in your area.
- Solaris Internals, Solaris Performance and Tools (books and wiki)
- OpenSolaris documentation
- Solaris 11 Express Documentation: Aside from new additions that are well documented, Illumos is very similar to Solaris 11 Express. You can learn more about System Administration and features like ZFS, Zones, Networking by reading these.
You can find information on our Solaris relatives here:
- Illumos, the fully open community fork of OpenSolaris
- OpenIndiana, a distribution of Illumos
- Oracle Solaris
Joyent Announces SmartOS With KVM: an Open Source, Modern Operating System Joyent press release - Aug 15, 2011
Joyent launches a new OS for the cloud Gigaom - Aug 15, 2011
Joyent Brings KVM to SmartOS for DIRTY Environments ReadWriteEnterprise - Aug 15, 2011
Joyent Open Sources SmartOS for the Cloud Data Center Knowledge - Aug 15, 2011
Joyent's Jason Hoffman On SmartOS Cloud Server The Web Host Industry Review - Sep 2, 2011
Use these links to find posts with these tags on the SmartOS blog: