On this page:
- Finding Your Way Around a SmartMachine - This document from the Joyent cloud wiki is helpful to Linux users approaching SmartOS for the first time.
- The Joyent Linux-to-SmartOS Cheat Sheet
- Commands that Work Differently (from Linux) in SmartOS
- SmartOS Setup
- SmartOS Guest Provisioning
- SmartOS for the Uninitiated - Zone Creation
- SmartOS: A System Administrator's Primer (video, Ben Rockwood)
Ben Rockwood speaking at the BayLISA meetup at Joyent, August 16, 2012
Ben Rockwood at illumos Day, Oct 2012, gives a look at tools and techniques for large-scale operations in a SmartOS environment, from monitoring to configuration management and troubleshooting.
- Serving SmartOS from your PXE server
- Simple PXE Server - Using SmartOS to host a PXE server to serve SmartOS