(v 0.6.0 image)
If you want to use SmartOS with more then one person or are just "consolophobe" there is a partial solution, project fifo. Lets go through it to to see what you can get out of it:
Project FIFO - A SmartOS GUI Management Suite.
The current version is 0.6.0, it is pretty easy to use.
- Creating / deleting VM's.
- Starting / Stopping VM's.
- Resizing and updating VM's including adding/removing NICs.
- Snapshot creation and rollback.
- Automated IP pool management.
- noVNC integration - you can fully interact with KVM vm's through the browser.
- Zone Console support - you acces zone consoles form the browser.
- Detailed rights management.
- Multi-Node management with auto discovery
- REST based API
- DTrace analytics
- live hypervisor and VM metrics
- Integrated dataset/image management including image creation
- SNMP Monitoring of the system
- SSH Key management
- Yubikey support for MFA
- console client
- LeoFS integration for backups of machines and image storage, including the posibilitie to restore on different hypervisors (migration of VMs).
- Multi datacenter support by syncronizin authentication data.
- Build to be fault tollerant and highly available.